Lets Know Health is rightly said to be a form of wealth. It is a fundamental resource you must take care of before you can enjoy so many other things. However, with the increasing levels of lifestyle changes, exposure to pollution, and the like, health issues are increasingly arising in all age groups. Modern-day medical services can help take care of these, but often at the cost of an empty pocket and a whole lot of stress. This is why buying health insurance plans for your family is recommended so that you may be assured of the healthcare your family needs in case of any medical needs.
What you should know about health insurance plans for family
The Health insurance plans for the family is a policy plan that gives multiple members of your family coverage of medical insurance for various health issues and emergencies. Depending on the health insurance plans for the family, the insurer will cover your family’s medical expenses such as doctor’s fees, hospitalizan, pre- and post-hospitalization medical tests, therapies, etc.
Some common features of health insurance plans for a family are:
- They include medical insurance for both adult members of the family and dependent children.
- Depending upon the policy plan you opt for, you can choose the renewability of your family medical insurance plan.
- Members covered usually include yourself, your spouse, and your children. Many health insurance plans for families include medical coverage for dependent parents and parents-in-law.
According to your chosen plan, there may be some policy exclusions on your health insurance plans for family, such as:
- Health issues arise from consuming drugs, alcohol, and addictive substances.
- Some sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) may be excluded.
- There will be a specified waiting period for any diseases contracted when the medical insurance policy is purchased, as well as varying waiting periods based on certain medical requirements. For example, some medical insurance policies will not cover newborn babies.
Why should you buy health insurance plans for your family?
- Floater health insurance plans for the family will enable you to purchase a single policy covering all your family members, both adult members of the family, including parents and parents-in-law and dependent children. Health insurance plans for family can be flexible, according to which family members you would like medical insurance coverage for.
- Health insurance plans for family are relatively more affordable than if you were to buy separate medical insurance policies for each individual member of your family.
- Health insurance plans for family will enable any of your family members to avail benefits such as cashless hospitalization at the impanelled hospitals mentioned in your medical insurance policy.
- Single premium payment for the whole family, ensuring a hassle-free payment process, without you having to stress about paying and keeping records of multitudes of premium amounts to be paid for each family member individually.
- Adequate sum assured that can help comprehensively cover the medical bills of your family’s various needs, whether it be for yourself or the children and elders in your family. Moreover, in case of floater health insurance plans for family, any family member who falls ill may access the complete sum assured for the family as a whole.
- Many health insurance plans for family enable you to avail of various tax benefits. For example, the Income Tax Act (1961) Section 80 D allows you to claim tax deductions up to ₹ 25,000 for this purpose. If you are a senior citizen, you will be eligible for availing additional tax benefits.
- Many health insurance companies will help your family avail benefits such as free and periodic medical check- ups.
- You don’t have to worry about medical expenses eating up your life’s savings. Instead, you and your family can focus on getting treatment at the best hospitals and a worry-free recovery, as your health insurance policy will take care of any unforeseen health emergencies as well as help you avail benefits such as maternity care.
- Speaking of maternity care, if you’re having a new baby coming to the family, you can easily add your little one into your existing health insurance plans for a family.
- Health insurance plans for families give you an economic buffer from the rising costs of medical treatment over the years.
Why choose Bajaj Finserv health insurance plans for family?
Bajaj Finserv health insurance plans for family enables you to choose from various different health insurance plans for family plans at affordable rates. The process of purchasing the policy, paying premiums and claims are all simple, digitised and quick. We have a huge network of empanelled hospitals to enable your family members to get the best treatment. We have a track record of high claim settlement ratios.
In the unfortunate event that one or more of your family members fall ill, health insurance plans for family are essential investments you make for the physical health, mental peace and economic stability of your family.
Go to Homepage.